Monday, September 19, 2011

afro-blue

i'm excited for tonight. i'll be watching the premiere of NBC's The Sing-Off. oh and i also get to see my best friend eliza. because she's ON THE SHOW

eliza got her master's at howard university and joined an a capella group there called Afro-Blue. and now that group is competing on The Sing-Off! so she's basically hanging out with ben folds and nick lachey all the time, nbd. i told her to tell ben that we made some wicked ben folds five music videos in 1998. whatever will help her chances. she shouldn't tell nick that we were way more into the backstreet boys than 98 degrees, though. but who wasn't?


that's eliza, second from right. she's also pregnant with her first child, a baby girl! so proud of you eliza jane!

10 comments:

Sahuaro Ranch said...

So, I knew she was on the show, but I did NOT know she was pregnant! We're having a girl, too:) I'm excited for her! I don't know that I've ever personally known someone famous before.... :)

Bethany said...

So, I knew she was on the show, but I did NOT know she was pregnant! We're having a girl, too:) I'm excited for her! I don't know that I've ever personally known someone famous before.... :)

Bethany said...

Sorry-- posted twice. I forget to sign out of my ward email account:) You can delete the first post if you want.

David and Shalynna said...

How exciting! I wish I had TV so I could watch it. I don't think there is a cooler looking a capella group than that. Also, I love the name Eliza.

I hope you made a music video for The Luckiest. I love that song.

I've been watching Wives and Daughters on Netflix. I have been referring to your blog post about your favorite BBC series. It's so helpful!

Bon said...

its times like these i wish my tv worked. yay for eliza!

Veronica said...

wow, weird, i just saw them on the show! they were good!

amyegodfrey said...

What a thrill to see Eliza on the show! As I said on my FB page, I had flashbacks of you and Eliza recording your songs in the bedroom, and of the Tebo clan singing around the piano, and you and Eliza on the musical theater stage at Moon Valley, and of of the Tebo/Godfrey theme song, "I know, I know, you belong to somebody new, but tonight you belong to me . ."

angela hardison said...

abby, i just jumped and started clapping when i read your comment. hooray!

kate said...

that's awesome abby!

oooh and i love your comment on angela's post too! how rad!

Kira-Jen said...

I am the hugest fan of this show! Last sesason was the bomb!! Im soo excited to watch your friend and her group take it to the top! They are awesome!! Tell your friend way to go in following her dreams. I just started blogginng and my sister in law shared with me your blog and I love it! Thankz for sharing!!