Monday, February 10, 2014

A baptism for the books

Milo turned eight in the beginning of January! It's so strange and happy to have arrived at this point in life with one of our children. 

 
 This is the picture I used for his baptism announcement. I kind of just remembered recently that I have a really nice 85mm lens so it's portraits all day every day around here!
 
 Baptism day!  

 This is an example of when a camera tells the truth. I swear the outfit looked cute in the mirror guys.

 
 So, Milo's baptism day was pretty funny. It was not smooth sailing. He went under the water three times. The first time Jamie was nervous and could only think of the words in Chinese and missed some of the words. Then he did it right and they got out of the font but a family friend thought he had his hands wrong. Most everyone thought it was fine but to be safe, they did it again. Milo was shivering and said "Again?" really loudly. Ha. Since then we have decided it wasn't necessary but it's okay and makes for a great story. The really funny (horrifying) part came when Jamie was getting dressed afterward and realized his suit pants were still at home! I almost died when he walked out of the dressing room in his jeans. But there was nothing to be done. He confirmed Milo and conferred the gift of the Holy Ghost wearing his jeans. Texas-style. Or, as Jamie likes to say, 80s detective style. Awesome.


 These cute cousins and sister sang the sweet musical number, "He Sent His Son."


 
 Grandpa Gerald and Golden. Say that three times fast.

 My mom and dad.
 Jamie's mom and stepdad.

 We bought a giant confetti party popper to celebrate.
 It's not a celebration without a good Pearl meltdown.


We had such wonderful family and friend support for Milo on this important day and felt so much love. I'm ready to do it again in a year or so!

16 comments:

ellen said...

that announcement photo is really great.

amyegodfrey said...

I think I'll cry now. Seeing the great photos and remembering the special day brings on the emotion.

Sarah said...

These are such great photos - I feel like I was there. Except I wasn't, and I really wish I could have been. Milo is super cool.

Sarah said...

And I love Pearl's dress. H & M?

megan said...

looks like a whole lotta love going on in those pictures (except for maybe the last one)! cutest family.

kate said...

Way to go Milo!

Val and Dan said...

Congrats Milo! (and congrats to the proud parents!) And also, keep breaking out that 85mm! It's a keeper!

Eliza said...

"This is an example of when a camera tells the truth" I just have to say that in my reader, a few photos were missing, and I thought that caption was for the photo of your husband in a suit coat and jeans. Hahahaha. Congrats to Milo and to you for getting this far! Phew! ;) theo will be baptized next year--so strange and great to be string that down.

Eliza said...

Oops-- "staring" not "string"

Wendy said...

I'm so proud of you Milo and sorry we weren't able to be there. Abby--I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo of you an Milo together. Gorgeous!

David and Shalynna said...

What a special day! And you really know how to make me laugh! I was dying reading this. I miss you guys! Congratulations to that cute boy Milo.

And I love and am jealous of your house and furniture and decor.

Michele said...

Congratulations to Milo! And all of you. ;-) Baptisms are such great things. I love all the photos. All of them. Hope you guys are doing great <3

sweetlissybug said...

Congratulations! You look great. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Unknown said...

This post was all things wonderful, funny and special! Congrats to Milo and you guys. I was going to name all the pictures I loved but then I realized it was like, more than half. Bottom line is you guys have adorable kids. The end. :)

jenniferhoiyin said...

I love it all! I didn't know Jamie spoke chinese.. though now that I think of it it sounds vaguely familiar? Congrats Milo! And.. you're flawless.

DCAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/sungai-terpanjang-di-indonesia