Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Havasupai day one

Jamie and I hiked Havasupai a couple weeks ago with his brother's family and a bunch of their friends. I think it was the third time hiking it for each of us but the first in over a decade. Oh, my aching bones!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Havasupai is a part of the Grand Canyon where the Havasupai Native Americans have lived for 800 years. They live in a village of about 600 and maintain a campground for hikers to enjoy several gorgeous waterfalls. Havasu Falls is the most famous with its travertine pools. The hike is 10 miles each way. Okay, class dismissed.


My posture! Let's just admit the uncanny resemblance to Bigfoot.

14 comments:

kate said...

I love, love, love it there. Best place on earth. I cannot wait to see more photos.

kate said...

I'm so jealous! We've talked about going for years but never went through with it.

And seriously like you look that stylish hiking! Not fair. I have nasty sweaty forehead and ugly running shorts when I go hiking (which has been years btw!)

kate said...

p.s. when/if I go I'm totally taking the helicopter ride out. No shame baby. No shame!

kate said...

Ahh! I really want to do this before I die.


3 kates in a row? weird.

sarah marie. said...

no one should look that cute when hiking.

Michele said...

Wow, it looks like so much fun! I've never been. I so miss hiking and camping in the west right now.

Bon said...

let's meet halfway and hike havasupai together next time, yes? and why are you so cute hiking?

Jenn Kirk said...

You're a lot cuter than bigfoot though. He's got you beat in the burley department.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Ohh I wish we could do this! So great! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy a fun trip.

Unknown said...

I need to do this!.... Summer maybe?!

Angela said...

In spite of your aching bones, I am jealous! I've never done this hike. I know, I can hardly claim to be from AZ.

elizabeth said...

I just laughed so hard whole breast feeding at your Bigfoot reference that I sprayed the baby in the face with milk. Ha!

J & J said...

your hair is so cute and you look fab, as always. one time, jake made me bungee jump in new zealand and i literally almost had a heart attack. skydiving? no problem. but jumping off high things? i don't deal well. good job for your bravery.

just got my hair done and it has orange tints in it. i want to die. i feel like we're in the same boat with growing out these pixies. except yours is coming along quite nicely.

Wendy said...

hope you update soon!!!!