Tuesday, April 28, 2009

at the partay

it was a surprise party, but mom knew something was up. i bet she had the 'rhea for days, wondering what we were up to. (that might be tmi for the interweb. it's really funny if you know my mom.)




my sisters and dad pretty much orchestrated the whole thing. i made the requisite party poof balls (see above).

beautiful jessi and darling heidi.

note to mom: remember when you tried to bribe neil and i (and possibly emily) with $50 each to sing "hey babe" at the godfrey reunion? and we wouldn't do it? we almost sang it to you at this party. almost. maybe next year.

12 comments:

Reba said...

May I have the recipe for the party poof balls? They look delicious!

Sarah said...

They do look delicious.

abby said...

hah. i guess i should've been more clear. i made the poofy paper pom poms for decorations. are you talking about the rolls, reba? sarah made those. i want the recipe for those too, sar.

amyegodfrey said...

Oh, my goodness, Abby-that last comment is funny!
I love all the pictures you posted. That was such a wonderful party, with family and friends and great food. It will remain one of my most treasured memories.

Tiffany said...

Those are great pictures. I bet your Mom loved it!

Wendy said...

Looks beautifully fun!

Bon said...

the 'rhea comment made me laugh just so you know ;)

abby said...

thank you bon bon! i was waiting for someone to say something.

also, i am waiting for jessi to make a comment about how she loves that picture i took of her. just sitting and waiting, jessi...

my mudda' calls me jack said...

oh my goodness, so much pressure!!! I don't know what to say... thanks for the post. I love the picture!

I had a lot of fun catching up with you. I wish I was better at keeping in touch.

How do you get your pictures to look old school with the darker coloring. Is it your camera or a computer effect?

abby said...

the pics are straight from my old-school pentax slr. these ones are actually a little darker than i like. oh well.

Bethany said...

Yes, I love the beautiful pics. I'm jealous! Glad you guys made it such a fun day for her:)

Oma (Robyn Stoneman) said...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there, I was in Ut. attending my nieces' wedding. Although I missed seeing your family, It's great to catch a glimpse on the blogs! And by the way, I think there is WAY too many candles on that cake.