Saturday, March 29, 2008

yes, I do take this crispy salmon with edamame puree to be in my belly forever and always

The wedding dinner on Friday night was at Opia. It was a fun night with singing, toasts, a video of the bride and groom, and course after course of deliciousness. Below are my mom, dad, Milo, and Matt. (Matt is responsible for the marriage of Neil and Diana and is also maybe the nicest person every born. Matt, you rule.) Minutes after this photo was taken Milo literally fell asleep eating a piece of bread. I know the term "literally" is thrown around way too freely and incorrectly, but really- he was asleep and also eating bread.


The wedding was Saturday evening at Water's Edge. On the water, looking out at the Manhattan skyline. Wow. What else can I say except that this wedding was utterly and completely gorgeous. It was a really lovely Jewish ceremony, followed by about 5 hours of eating.


Hanging out pre-ceremony.

The complete family. Parents Paul + Geri, Jon + Eliza, Sister Diana + Neil. (FYI: Eliza and I were best friends growing up and her sister also just happened to marry my brother.)

My bouquet.

Neil + Diana, too hot to trot.

The bride was stunning.

The wedding was adults-only, so we left our kids on the 36th floor of a Manhattan skyscraper with a nanny we'd never met before. Yikes! Jamie left the festivities early to be with the kids and luckily everything turned out fine. She was really great with the two of them and Milo was even trying to call Rosa up after she left. Jamie and my Mom were also nice enough to shuttle back and forth from the hotel to the wedding site with Pearl since I had to be there early for pictures and my daughter refuses to take a bottle. I left to feed her once during the reception, too.

I didn't get a ton of pictures of the wedding because I was too busy having fun. Eliza and I even put our church dance training to use with some Cotton-Eyed Joe. At the end of the night I was trying to say goodbye to her but then "Since You Been Gone" came on and we had to bust out to that too. I adore that song, just ask Jamie. Eliza and Jon's first dance was to Judy Collins' version of "In My Life." It was lovely. They are such great people and so in love. I'm so glad they asked me to be a part of their big day. Now they are in Paris eating crepes and wearing berets. Felicitations, Eliza and Jon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby, you have such a good eye for taking photos. For example, I took pictures of Manhatten from outside the restaurant, but I didn't think to take a daytime picture from inside the restaurant, which gives such a great perspective. AG

Anonymous said...

I hope you're reading this, Matt, because I second that you are an extraordinarily nice person. We're so grateful for the generous favors you extended to the family during the week. We all adore you! AG

Meghan said...

The wedding and entire vacation look fabulous! Looks like you were able to see a ton of great things while you were there - FUN!

Sarah said...

They went to Paris? Tres tres bon!!!!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i should be in bed but...! great pictures, it looked like such a great, fun wedding!

HWHL said...

Looks like a lovely time was had by all. :-)

Glad the kids did ok with a "new" babysitter... that's always a bit nerve-wracking.

My 10 year old is getting ready to go on a 5 day (and NIGHT!) Girl Scout trip over Spring Break to Savannah. She's thrilled; I'm VERY anxious.... !! Part of Mommyhood. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh those pictures are sooo gorgeous!! It looked like you had so much fun! I was seriously depressed all day yesterday looking at your pics from new york! i don't want to go!:(

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I LOVE weddings! I always cry. It looks like everything was wonderful. You look a lot like your beautiful mom in that last pic. You and James are one good looking couple! Afton won't take a bottle either. I had to trick her into drinking out of a straw.

abby said...

Thanks Kate! She drinks out of a straw? I need you to teach me how to teach Pearl.

Ray, don't be depressed! You are going to love it, I'm sure. And your Mom + Dad will visit a lot.

Happywife, being a mom is hard! Sometimes I think I want a break but then if I'm gone from the kids for more than an hour I miss them terribly! I hope your daughter's trip is fabulous.

Shugee, we had fun last night. I ate the leftover ice cream for breakfast this morning and I don't even care who knows it!

Sarah, I want you to teach me French. Do you remember some?

Meghan, how are you feeling?

Mom, you are my favorite commenter.

Wendy said...

Beautiful pics Abby. And I like Since You've Been Gone, too. A lot.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Abby! What a good recap of wedding events! I miss you and your lovely fam already!

Love,
Berks

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Oh it looks like such fun!!
So glad the nanny worked out well. A few of my nieces/nephews will do baby cups when mama is away, but we are a no bottle family too! Heck, at least therefore we all have good teeth :)